Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Finish-A-Long Quarter 2

she can quilt

As I was looking through blog posts this morning I saw everyone's FAL posts and decided that this list that I made for my Lovely year of Finishes April goal would be a perfect quarter goal with a few changes. You see, I have this bad habit of planning a quilt, buying the fabric, maybe even cut into it, and then...it just sits there. It is hard to sit down and sew with my two little boys running around. It is easier to plan and shop ;)


1. Les Amis Scout Top
I started this at the beginning of February, but took a break when I was having troubles making the angles line up. I have 3 of the 10 rows sewn together, so I just need to gets the rest together and figure out how I want to bind this baby.

FAL goals

2. Giant Hexagon Bella Top
I took 3 days measuring and cutting hexagons from a layer cake that I had been hanging on to. I haven't started piecing them together so hopefully I cut them out right.

FAL goals

3. Fresh Mini Quilt Club 
I finished March's top pretty quickly last month, but I still haven't quilted it. So this quarter I am going to finish March's mini and start and finish each mini the month it is published.
Fresh Mini Quilt Club

4. My sister's Christmas Top, quilt, and bind
I started this giant zig zag in November, but then my sister decided she wanted another row with a mustard pearl bracelets. It's going to be a struggle to rip out some seams and piece the new row in.

5. Patchwork Jungle Top
I had some leftover fabric from my Life in the Jungle charm pack baby quilt, so I wanted to make another patchwork twin size quilt with the leftovers.
Untitled
6. Constellations
Here are my fabrics so far:
Beautiful Constellations fabric
7. Pink/Orange Scrappy Trip
I have a giant stack of pinks and oranges, so I started cutting out 3-4 2.5"x16" strips to use in a Scrappy Trip Along. I either will make it all pink and orange or make every other strip a natural linen color.

No comments: