Monday, February 18, 2013

We're Half Way There

We are over half way through February and I haven't even made a dent in my monthly goal. To be honest I was very ambitious. I set out to finish 4 baby quilts and I have only finished and bound one. I've worked a little on the other 3, but I keep finding little things that need to be fixed and it's frustrating me. I have finished all of my February bee blocks, made 3 triple zip pouches, and started piecing a new baby quilt with a new charm pack. So I guess I have been slightly productive--just not on my goal.

First Hexie Bee block.

Only have 2 strips of my Foxy Scout quilt together. Only 8 to go.

One of the bee blocks I'm working on.

I also have some exciting news! I've been accepted in to do. Good stitches. It is a modern charity bee. Someone had to drop out of a group and I am taking their place. My new group donates the quilts they make to project Linus. I am so excited to be able to help others with my new passion.

And later today I am going to a friends house to help her with her first quilt. I'm happy to be helping her, but it is kind of weird to tell her what to do since she is nearly 10 years older than me.

Finally this weekend my husband got a new car. He had been driving around a 1995 Mercury that he bought for $500 5 years ago. It had no ac, someone has knocked off the drivers side mirror, and it had manual locks and windows. I let him pick whatever he wanted and he bought a brand new Altima with all the bells and whistles-even a moon roof and nav system. I'm glad he finally got something for himself. He has been so supportive of everything I've done (and lenient on my spending habits!). How do your loved ones appreciate you?

1 comment:

Stacey Napier said...

The hexie heart makes me smile!! I can't wait to get it!