Saturday, December 8, 2012

Oh, Saturday

Oh what a happy Saturday! I just bought a walking foot for my Bernina. I'm excited to finish up a few of my quilt tops so I can start using it. I did finish my Lemon Squares top, but I need to make a few more squares for the back because I am a few inches short.

But I need to put this project down and start working on my Christmas projects. My mom chose this seaglass quilt as inspiration. I am taking pictures as I go along so hopefully I can put together a little tutorial for an improv strip piecing. My sister wanted a zig zag and right now I just have the fabric cut into 6 inch strips. It is going to be a very big zig zag.

Also this week I finally finished my first quilt. I did the jelly roll race with a cute jelly that I picked up from my local fabric shop. I think it is called Meadow Friends by Moda, but it didn't have a tag. The top came together in a day, but I had to piece the back, then I quilted it by stitch-in-the-ditch, and then finally added the binding by machine. I knew that I would never finish it if I tried stitching the binding by hand. And really this is just for my little boys so I know they won't care if there are a few flaws.
 Whenever I try to grab pictures the lighting is horrible and my phone is not the best either. I really need to find the battery charger to my actual camera so I can get some better shots. But maybe it is better this way so you can't see all my flaws!

Well, hopefully this week I can put together my Chirstmas quilts so I can finish mine before the new year :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Good luck finishing your quilt! Thank you for linking up!

Anonymous said...

Good luck finishing this in January. It's a beauty!