Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Beginning

It's been awhile since I started this blog. I am usually a pretty quiet and reserved person, so blogging doesn't come naturally to me. But I am determined to start sharing my quilts and projects. I am constantly looking around the internet for new tutorials and whenever I find a cute new craft or quilt I want to know exactly how it was made and most of the time there is no guide or reference. So my goal for this blog is to share my projects and more specifically share how I made each quilt and craft.

So with that being said, let's start off with WIP (work in progress) Wednesdays. I have a horrible habit of starting something and not finishing it. And then finding a new project and forgetting about the first one. Maybe I'm subconsciously terrified of finishing something and finding out that I messed something up. But here are some things I am currently working on:

My favorite project right now is my Lemon Squares quilt from fresh lemons. I am in love with yellows and oranges and when I found this pattern on Faith's blog after I had picked up some beautiful Dear Stella Mimosa fabric it was fate.

I first cut out all the pieces and separated them into each block. I then chain pieced two sides, pressed the seams, chain pieced the other two sides until each block was done. I have 6 sets of 6 blocks total. I am now currently piecing together 6 blocks into a row. I hope to finish all the rows this weekend and start sewing them together. I'm super excited to see it all done.
.

I am also slowly sewing on the binding to this beauty by hand. It's my first real quilt and I used a quilt as you go method. It's in rough shape, but it's just for my boys


My husband and I used fabric paint and put my oldest's handprints all over a piece of canvas. It will become a bag for my grandmother once I wash it.

And here is a zig-zag quilt I am working on for my sister's birthday/Christmas present. Her birthday is the 22nd, so I usually just get her something nicer instead of two smaller things. She helped pick out the fabrics and lay out. It came together pretty quickly by using 6 inch wide strips. 

I realize it is now Thursday. I had all of these pictures on my phone, but I never got around to uploading them. I really need to get a new camera. These pictures are pathetic. Look out tomorrow for my first completely finished quilt! I will share the whole process (and only a few photos). Thanks!



No comments: