Wednesday, January 16, 2013

WIP Wednesday

I did most of my cutting for the starburst quilt-a-long. Here is my pink and white star (in a very bad picture) that I still need a few more white squares for and I have all of my fabric cut for my boy version. However, I tweaked the pattern a bit to make it look more like the swoon pattern, so I won't be linking that to the quilt-a-long.

Icky lighting on my phone...
I finished my first quilting bee block--a quilted pillow case. She pretty much said anything goes, so I searched around for a pattern and found this one with hexies. I tried them out and really like them (so much so that I joined a Hexagon bee too!) Here is a little sneak (well, a big sneak peak) of the finished pillow case. I am very happy with how the quilting came out and the scrappy piping is cute too.


I've had no progress on quilting my baby girl pinwheel quilt. I need more than 5 minutes to sit down and work like I usually do with my little ones around.

I also still haven't started on my Lemon Squares quilting. I still don't know how I want to quilt it either. I think I'm going to try my hand at a large all over stipple. The fabric is very flowery so I don't want to do any straight line quilting on top of the very square blocks. I am determined that I will at least clean up my living room so I can get the backing out tonight and figure out how I want to finish piecing it. 

I hope you all had a productive week :)

No comments: