Monday, January 21, 2013

Waiting Impatiently

I am getting a package of fabric goodness today. Hopefully even two! I ordered the pattern and some fabric for the Weekender Bag. I had seen it blogged a couple of times (here at oh Fransson!) and knew that I just had to make it quilted with my new Notting Hill bundle. I can't wait for the UPS man to come drop it off so I can rip it open and get to work.

I made a lot of progress on my Lemon Squares. First I made a little improv block with some scraps so that I could practice my quilting: I'm rather proud of it. I think I might make it into a pillow to match the quilt.
Practice

 I sandwiched the quilt one late night then during nap time the day before yesterday I quilted the whole thing. I did a rather large meandering stipple and it isn't the greatest, but I'm rather proud that I did it all in one day without any bunching or anything. I am currently adding the binding by machine. It is slow going to make it look good, but much faster than doing it by hand.

I finished my baby girl Starburst quilt top, but no pictures yet :) The backing fabric is in the package with my weekender pattern, so it's a toss up with which will actually win my attention first. Although since it is flannel I will definitely prewash it. How many of you prewash? I started to at first, but when I'm using the really nice stuff like Moda and Michael Miller, it isn't worth it. Once it's washed it gets softer and makes it harder to work with unless it has been iron and starched to death and I really don't need more work between start to finish. And I've found that the fabric never bleeds or shrinks noticeably.

Thanks as always for stopping by!

No comments: