Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Unfinished Quilts

You know what sucks? Finishing your quilt top and realizing you don't have enough fabric for the back. I even took some scraps and made a whole extra row of my lemon squares and I am still about 6 inches short on one side. I guess I'll just have to go back to the store and get some more. Puh-lease, they already know my little one's name there. They love him and talk to him the whole time. Although I am pretty sure they think I'm crazy. Over the past few weeks I have gone to my local quilt shop nearly twice a week. It's not my fault I am obsessed with all their adorable fabric and I keep starting new projects and not finishing them...Well maybe that part is my fault, but the husband has been home from work and that leaves me with extra time to sew. And really this quilting obsession is a lot healthier than the baking obsession I had this time last year ;)
But back to the point, I was excited to put my quilt sandwich together for my lemon squares but ran out of fabric. So I started chugging away at my mother's birthday/Christmas quilt. She picked a pretty simple one-the seaglass I posted last week. Well, I finished the top last night and I am waiting for this cute beach fabric to come in today so I can piece together the back. I knew it wouldn't match the front, but hopefully it will fit nicely on the back. Well, I'm off to twiddle my thumbs (and run after my little ones) until my package arrives. It feels like Christmas!

No comments: