Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I won! [The Liebster Award]

I was nominated for the Liebster award from one of my newest quilty friends Todd at This Guy Quilts. (Go check out his quilts, they are beautiful.)

Here are the rules for the Liebster Award--The blog must have less than 200 followers or must be less than six months old. Should the recipient accept the award, they must then write a post and:
1. List 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer 11 questions posed by the nominator
3. Choose 11 blogs to pass the award on to and link them to your post (I don't know of 11, so I will just have to do as many as I can)
4. Create 11 questions for those 11 people to answer


Todd's Eleven Questions:
1. Favorite song of all time?
My wedding was full of Switchfoot music. I would say it's a tie between Only Hope(the one from A Walk to Remember) and This is Home(from Prince Caspian).





2. And...favourite film of all time?
Funny Girl. I could listen to Barbra Streisand sing People and Don't Rain on my Parade every day. (Also high on my favorite songs list.)


3. Which actor/actress do you least like and why?

My husband hates Nicolas Cage and every move he is in. I'm a lover, not a hater, so I am going to say I love Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightley. They are both so beautiful and amazing actors.

4. Are you a cat person or dog person... or both? and why?
Neither? I don't hate pets, but I just don't love them.
5. Your number #1 vice?
Judgmental people. I am always afraid of being judged so I try my hardest not to judge others.
6. The hardest decision you've ever had to make?
What I was going to do when as a 19 year old freshman in college when I found out I was pregnant. I am happy with the choices I made :)
7. The craziest thing you've ever done?
Other than get pregnant at 19? And have another baby a year and a half later... 8. What quality do you value most in other people?
How some people are just genuinely nice. It is so hard to find someone who is nice to anyone and everyone. 9. What is your greatest quilting achievement to date?
My lemon squares quilt. I am so proud of how nice the piecing is and that I FMQed it all myself.
10. The best piece of advice you've received?
Do what you love
11. What is the best thing about quilting?
I love being able to turn scraps of fabric into a big beautiful quilt that I can snuggle under. 


My 11 random facts:
1. I graduated high school with my associate's degree and over 70 college credit hours. 
2. I majored in math and graduated 4 days before my second son was born.
3. I am a 21 year old mother of 2 little boys.
4. I love crafting in all forms. I even took painting and pottery in college. I have dabbled in crochet and all sorts of arts and crafts to decorate the house.
5. I actually started this blog to follow my crochet adventures, but never really got it going since I was so busy with a newborn. I then fell in love with quilting and started writing about it here. Eventually I will get my crochet projects back out and talk about them here. After all this blog is about crafting, not just quilting.
6. No one else in my extend family is very crafty, so they all come to me when they want something. And they all expect something homemade for Christmas. And birthdays. (And, in the case of my mother, every holiday in between!)
7. I played the piano for 10 years. I haven't touched one in a few years, but I hope I will be able to teach at least one of my boys to play.
8.  My dad and husband have the same job: navigators for the US Air Force.
9. I am very shy when meeting new people and most times they see it as me being stuck up or stand offish. I am working to fix my first impressions.
10. Despite being a math major, I still count on my fingers. 
11. I'm not interesting enough to have 11, lol

Eleven Nominated Blogs:
Stacy from The Tilted Quilt
Trish at Love of Quilts
Jen from A Quilting Jewel (She has 216 followers, but no award, so better late than never!)
Kristan of Doodle Do Designs

Eleven Questions to Answer:
1. Why did you start quilting?
2. What is your favorite fabric line?
3. Did you have any cute nicknames as a kid?
4. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
5. What is your favorite quilting memory?
6. Brights or pastels?
7. What are some of your other hobbies?
8. Where would you like to live?
9. Which quilt project are you most proud of?
10. What do you hope to get on Valentine's day? Roses? Chocolates? All of the above?
11. Post a picture (and link) to a quilt that inspires you the most.

And thanks again to Todd for nominating me!

No comments: